Last.fm

7.22.2004

The Fund

Some more personal information is in order, I suppose, to add reference to this story of mine.

Well, most of my money from work (a very high percentage, in fact) is going towards a savings fund which I intend to use to fly to Oklahoma. I so far have about $288, some of which from the remnants of my college loan (yes, I know, not a good idea), and the rest from my first paycheck for the summer.

Now, looking at my posts so far, you'd have to think that there's something bad about all this, right?

Bingo. I've been put on vacation until August 8th due to consistent understocking at the shop. Meaning, though I'll be having plenty of time to myself, I'm not getting paid, and this will get my fund nowhere. Plus, living in the middle of nowhere as I do, there's no way I'm gonna find a job while waiting for the vacation to end.

So, I'll be getting my second pay tomorrow, and for the next three weeks or so, I won't be able to stuff the fund any further.

Must there really always be some sort of problem putting itself between me and my goals? All I want to do is meet Serena in real life...

"I can't take his money, I can't print my own money, I have to work for my money. Why don't I just lay down and die?" -- Homer J. Simpson, "The Simpsons"

No comments: