Last.fm

7.19.2004

The Girl

Let us talk about another source of unhappiness in my life.

There's this girl in my life... Let's call her Serena, for privacy's sake. (In case you're not following, this is not her real name.) Well, I've been talking to her over the phone for about six months, and I've grown very close to her.

This doesn't seem unhappy, you say?

Well, in that perspective, no. But there are two things to keep in mind... One, she lives all the way out in Oklahoma, while I'm stuck here in New Brunswick. With little money and no personal transportation otherwise, there's no way I'll be able to see her for some time.

Secondly, I'm only able to call her during my college time, when my phone bill is mine. Here at home, I don't have my own line, so I don't get to call anywhere but locally. It's been about two and a half weeks since I last talked to her, and I miss her very much.

So, yeah, that's what I meant by the stress at work. I am basically at loss emotionally because I've lost touch with Serena at least until September. I just hope she's not disappointed in me, and we can keep talking to each other come September.

"They put me on the 'Waiting to Exhale' waiting list, but told me not to hold my breath." -- Homer J. Simpson, "The Simpsons"

I'll soon be adding a section in my sidebar called "Reference Guide" which will allow you to see what I mean in future posts when I mention something happening.

No comments: