Last.fm

7.31.2004

The Isolated

Have you ever wondered how many people actually care about you? Not that many people, huh? It only really happens when you're feeling isolated. Well, I am right now.

The kind of feeling where you think nobody really listens to you, or cares what you have to say. The kind of feeling where there never seems to be anyone to talk to.

I used to talk to Serena so often. Even when she was too busy to talk, hearing her say "I can't talk right now" was fine enough for me. Just hearing her voice at all would make my day worth it. But it's been close to a month, and I haven't heard it. I haven't even received any news from her lately. She doesn't seem to like online means of communication.

Still a month and a day before I return to Miramichi. I can't wait to get back and be able to call her again... Hopefully I'll be able to talk to her, anyway... If I don't, then it might turn out to be a very depressing second year in college, as I'll really be alone once again, and who knows for how long?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a shower.

"Ah, to be young again... and also a robot." -- Professor Hubert Farnsworth, "Futurama"

No comments: