Last.fm

9.07.2005

The Visit

OK, it's been a long time since I've posted. Here we go.

The biggest news I want to talk about is my visit to Halifax. It was so much fun, I really have no idea how to describe it! :P

I had told Sally that I'd be visiting her, one way or another, on her birthday. Now, that was quite a while ago, and I wasn't really thinking about it until the few days before I actually had to go. I was very nervous, as I ended up having to hitchhike. It took me 13 hours to get there, and I ended up having to take a taxi once I got near enough. Actually, two. The first got me to town, but couldn't find the place I was looking for, so I didn't have to pay. The second got me to Sally's place.

Once I got there, I was greeted by Sally and her friend Gin watching Police Academy 3. She was quite happy that I made it. And so was I, because (I forgot to mention) I had packed way too heavily for this trip. Anyway, I got to stay there for about four days, and I enjoyed every minute.

On the first day there, I was shown around the town a bit. I didn't see too much on just that first day, but it got me used to the hustle and bustle of Halifax. I went to see another movie at the house of one of Sally's friends. An independant film called D.E.B.S. (Look it up if you want to know more, this post is already gonna be pretty long.)

On the second day, I was shown around Halifax some more. We ended up at a place called Freak Lunchbox, which is a candy store. I didn't think those actually existed before I went there. It's exciting just to be inside! We also went down to the waterfront, and I got to (read: was dragged to) climb the big wave sculpture they have there. That night, I got my first taste of cuddling in bed. Nothing too serious, but quite divine nonetheless :)

On the third day, Sally and Gin brought me to see Merlin, who is a tarot reader. I got my cards read; basically, what I have right now, though it may not be very profitable now, will be later. There were, of course, several subtleties to the reading, but I won't go into everything. On this day, I said that if I had to hitchhike alone again, I'd probably end up taking the bus instead. That's when Sally agreed to come with me. Yay!

Gin left on the fourth day, and Sally and I ended up mostly playing video games. Nothing much to be said.

The fifth day was spent traveling back from Halifax to Miramichi. Took only 8 and a half hours that time, and it was certainly much less lonely.

The rest of the time, I may as well summarize in bulk, as nothing much happened. Miramichi is rather boring. In this time, we watched a total of five movies (one theatre (The Brothers Grimm), four DVDs), played some GameCube and SNES games, and other random stuff. She must've been bored out of her mind, really :P

She left today, at 1:30. I actually got the nerve to give her a goodbye kiss. It wasn't anything romantic, but I actually did it. I look back at that moment and smile, and probably will for a long while.

Anyway, here I am again, on my own... But not so lonely this time.

"No soul is desolate as long as there is a human being for whom it can feel trust and reverence." -- George Eliot

3 comments:

LeoPetr said...

*hoots inappropriately*

^-^

meth said...

Oh, seems like you had a good time
:)

Shariq said...

btw, i have my blog up ;) - meth