Last.fm

5.02.2007

The Un-wasted Day

I woke up at 3 PM today. I was quite sure my day had been wasted. I didn't know what was going to be happening, though.

So, I was just about to start washing my stuff to make food when the landlady came knocking at the door, asking for the rent. 'Course, I didn't have that on me, so I went over to the bank to withdraw it, and since I was in that area, also to the post office, hoping to see my new RAM in my box. ('Course, that wasn't there, and I knew it wouldn't be, but sometimes, you never know.)

Anyway, coming back, I saw this lady poking out of her side door entrance. Didn't really know what was going on, but she was saying, "Come here! Come here! He's dead!" Well, who would I be to ignore something like that? I went into the house, and lo and behold, this old guy was sitting in his chair; though not quite dead, he was definitely headed in that direction.

Naturally, I asked where the telephone was, and called 911. I talked to those guys as best as I could (I didn't know these people, so I had to answer most everything they asked on the fly.) They eventually asked to talk to the lady, who would have a much better idea of what's going on. I ended up sticking around until the lady's daughter came around, and also waited outside until the ambulance to lead them to the side door where I came in from.

...So, yeah. Although I lost an hour of daytime more than usual (three hours more than I'd want to), the day has been rescued. (And so did that old guy.)

No comments: